- NIST FIPS 140-2 compliant AES hardware encryption with 256-bit encryption
- Up to 64TB in RAID 0 (4 x 16TB) capacity at present, can be larger when larger capacity drive is available
- 4 drives included and installed in trays
- Supports 5 RAID mode: RAID 0, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, and Large. Shipped from factory in RAID 0 striping supporting the largest capacity but no redundancy. Could be changed to other RAID modes to allow redundancy, but will see less capacity.
- Removable 3.5” HDD tray supports hot-plug replacement of drive (RAID mode with redundancy only)
- Support HDD intelligent sleep function
- Cooling fan maintain safe operating temperature
- Skid proof and shockproof rubber feet mat ensure safe operation
- Self-powered, AC adapter included
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy and to Sarbanes-Oxley regarding corporate financial and accounting practice
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole drive
- Real time “on-the-fly” encryption without any performance degradation
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Encryption key is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- USB 2.0: Up to 480 Mbits/s
- USB 3.0: Up to 5 Gbits/s
- eSATA: Up to 6.0 Gbits/s
- Drive: Pre-formatted NTFS SATA drive (usable in PC & Linux, need to reformat to use in Mac)
This BUSlink 4-Bay RAID hard drive supports large capacity and USB 3.0/eSATA interface. It supports Intelligent RAID function: RAID 0, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, and Large. Removable HDD trays support hot-plug replacement of drives (only for RAID with redundancy mode). HDD intelligent sleep function is supported. The LCM display and buttons support convenient setting of RAID modes and status display. Optional password allows locking of RAID settings. Cooling fan maintain safe operating temperature. Skid proof and shockproof rubber feet mat ensure safe operation.
CipherShield drive safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on one unique Cipherkey. It requires one key to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes one key to open. It is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company’s next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. You do not need to remember complicated password or PIN. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
Shipping + Returns
✔ Shipping is free for all US orders. If international, the shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
✔ Once your product has shipped, it usually takes 4 to 6 business days to be delivered.
✔ You can return your product for free up to 30 days after receiving your order.
Payment + Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.